Monday 19 April 2010

Your Little Referral Friend!

At Mazuma we take great pride in the fact that many of our customers refer us to their friends and associates without any need for prompting from us.

We have learned that in business, referral marketing can be one of the most time and cost effective ways of growing your business. However, like anything, it has to be done properly! That means you have to have a plan, measure it and evaluate how it can be improved.

I thought that I was pretty good at all of this, then I was invited to attend a course run by The Referral Institute which proved to me that I still had a lot of work to do.

Huw Lewis from The Referral Institute in South Wales has kindly penned a few words on the topic which I thought I'd share with you.

Is Giving Good for Business?

Is giving good for business? Absolutely! You are probably already giving a lot if you have done well in business, but are you a great giver?

When you give, you strengthen your relationships. Others will hopefully appreciate your giving and one day will help you in return. In the past year I have been tracking my giving and receiving of referrals. As a result I have seen the connection between how much I give and the referrals I receive from my network referral sources. So how is it that I come across more and more people who claim that giving has always come easily for them, but feel that they are not receiving referrals in return? Why are they not benefiting from the givers gain philosophy?

The answer is ……… “it depends.” But it will certainly be all their (your) fault!

Find out more information about referring business here.

Huw Lewis
The Referral Institute South Wales: Creating Referrals For Life®
M: 0793 909 3781 | T: 0870 050 1715 | www.referralinstituteCF.co.uk